Mulgrew+Weingarten=UNITY UFT SELL-OUTS
Cut from the same corporate management -collaborationist cloth! Don't be fooled!
The UFT officialdom, in their quest to appear militant, has been adopting GEM's and opposition caucus' language & behavior. RECENTLY there have been some sightings of the UFT :
- displaying GEM's Don't Privatize banner twice in propaganda pieces.
- adopting GEM's colors (black & yellow) in their UFT buttons. What happened to the UFT sky-blue & white colors?
- grandstanding & talking our grassroots' militant rhetoric at the hearings, DA. (But is empty rhetoric without a militant strategy.)
- mobilizing citywide to the Jan. 21 PEP.
But there is no evidence of one single UFT educational and analytical flier at any of the recent local school "closings" protests or hearings!
Today, the UFT are doing last minute advertizing for the PEP Jan. 26 meeting (Congrats, but will the UFT sign up and mobilize every school?) GEM & Coalition groups have been mobilizing since December '09. With all our dues money, shouldn't take this long to follow their GEM members "good foot" steps.
- legal-judicial wrangling
- endorsing & financing politicians
- legislative reforms
- being at the table or in-bed with management or corporate heads